Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas Cheer - Eclectic Christmas Balls

Pinterest has given me a lot of ideas for DIY Christmas decorations.  With my supplies I got at Michaels yesterday, I went a little crazy last night trying out some of those ideas, and some of my own. I got plastic and glass hanging balls.  I think plastic works for some ideas, and glass is better for others.


This ornament is a large plastic ball, and I simply put some littler sparkly balls (two different sizes) inside.  I tied some wire and a velvet bow to the top, and there you go.


These are really fun to do!  I got the idea from Pinterest.  This is a small glass ball.  I sprayed adhesive into the ball very liberally and spread it around so it coated the entire inside of the ball.  Then I poured glitter inside and swirled the ball until the glitter was evenly distributed.  I dumped out the excess glitter, twisted some wire to the top, and that was it!


I got this idea from Pinterest too.  This is a medium plastic ball.  I put a glob of tacky glue on the bottom of the little tree, and using long tweezers, I placed the tree inside, attaching it to the bottom of the globe.  I then dropped in some fake snow and white iridescent glitter.  I found a cork that fit, and added wire and a ribbon.  I love this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment