Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas Cheer - McKenna's First DIY Ornament

This project happened by accident.  I had all of my craft stuff out last night, and my toddler comes over.  She LOVES balls right now, so when she saw the little pompoms and the Christmas balls, she immediately wanted them.  Not really thinking, I gave her a plastic globe and set her loose with the pompoms.  McKenna started stuffing the pompoms inside the globe, and as she went, I realized it was becoming a really cute little Christmas ornament!  Not only that, but it kept her busy for probably an hour or so.  When she was done, I returned the hanging cap to the top, write her name and year on the globe with tacky glue and glitter, and when that was dry I added a pink bow.  I think this will be a yearly tradition now, and might make great gifts for grandparents if we make more!



No comments:

Post a Comment