Friday, August 31, 2012

Easy Cheap Yummy Enchiladas!

I like easy food.  I like delicious food.  And, my family likes dinner that will taste good and fill their bellies.  We love almost all kinds of cuisine, and Mexican is a favorite at our house.  However, with very little experience in Mexican cooking, I am often hesitant to do much more than nachos or tacos.  I had tried the Old El Paso Enchilada Bake before, and they came out good, but this time I decided to try them myself without the kit.

So, I purchased two cans Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, and went by the recipe right on the can.  Basically, the recipe was for beef but I used chicken instead.  Additional ingredients needed are: chicken, cheddar cheese, and flour tortillas.  The hardest part is dicing the chicken.  The rest is super easy and straight-forward, and most importantly, very tasty!  Muy Bueno!



My enchiladas made with whole wheat tortillas!  
(Regular flour tortillas taste better, but I'm always trying the healthy route.)


No comments:

Post a Comment