Thursday, August 2, 2012

Easy Delicious Chicken Sausage Herb Pizza

I have been trying to increase my cooking repertoire, as I am not a natural housewife, but I'm trying to have dinner on the table for my family every night.  I like recipes that are easy and tasty, and hopefully lower in fat and calories.  I adapted this pizza recipe from a Pampered Chef recipe called: Chicken Sausage & Herb Wheat Pizza.  Their recipe has you make your own dough, but I opted to use the pre-made stuff to save a little bit of time and effort.   I started with the regular old Pillsbury Pizza Dough and rolled it out on my baking stone, which does happen to be by Pampered Chef, but you can use a cookie sheet too.  Then I made a little mistake, and brushed the dough with the honey & oil mixture instead of the oil & garlic.  Hoping that it would still taste good, I just added garlic to the top of the dough and proceeded.  And there was success!  In fact, I think the honey gave it a sweet flavor that was better than if I had done it right!  My husband and 18 month old loved it too!  Overall it probably took 30 minutes from start to finish, and had simple ingredients, and was delicious while not being overloaded with fat and calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment