Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Handwritten Poetry

When I'm at my lowest, I write.  When I'm at my highest, I write.  When I'm dead inside I can't seem to find the words, but when I can, I write.  I was looking through my computer and found some of these that I wrote when I had the words.


The redundancies of life
make things so slow
so quiet
so normal

I forget how real these colors are
how strong these feelings are

Just stop and just be
just be who we were meant to be
and you'll remember
the butterflies, the goosebumps
all the tingles that tickle your spine

Take a little trip to a new place
just to remind me of how much love means
between you and me

I was an artsy little hippie chick
with dreams and chipped nail polish
you were the popular frat boy
with a huge education
and we wanted more than just
a white picket fence

So we remember to dream
we remember to laugh and touch
little kisses here and there
like every day we are new lovers
once again

young again
fresh again
and I am not going to be 
redundant
at least not with you.

-----

My eyes are wet
my hands are cold
I know the salt I taste
so familiar

So is this hole
the same one
I've climbed out of
so many times

My passion is stifled
my heart is still beating
but I feel less alive
I can't daydream the same

The sheets and pillows
look so inviting
the mattress calls my name
sleep is my escape

But I lie awake
every night
it's like I'm all confused
mind, body, and soul

Cloudy, shaken, lost
A shell of who I really am
looking for my insides
that have left me behind

Dropping to my knees
wanting to feel
wanting to dream in rich colors
taste the life I should be living

I give it up to you
I give it all away
I give the control
I give you my fear

So empty
wanting to receive
what you have
just for me

One day at a time
ready for what's there
from you
just for me

I trust you 
I know you love me so
your plan is all I need
and I need it

I need you.

I want to throw it all away
Be just you and me
nothing but nothing
simplicity

------

All I want to do
is feel alive
so alive
that I can't stop dancing
I can't stop singing
I can't be kept silent
I don't want to be held down
and it is in my power
to not let that happen
so I will always be up
stay up
let God lift me up
let God hold me up

-----

I don't always know
who I am
or where I am
supposed to go

I want honesty
with myself
I want honesty 
with you

I don't always know
what is true
to even be able
to tell you

I feel so different
but the same
and I don't want to be
the same

as everybody else
I want to be
the individual
you made me to be

No comments:

Post a Comment