Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Love

In light of the recent events concerning Chick-Fil-A and their owner's remarks about gay marriage, I thought I'd post a poem I wrote a while back.  Regardless of our point of views, we need to remember to love one another.  I personally went to support the fast food restaurant today, and it was too busy for me to wait at lunch time, and they were closed due to selling out of food at dinner time.  I am proud that we will still stand for what we believe in this country.


So many colors and shapes
and sounds, full of life

Look around and see it
such a beautiful world

full of people
to love

not to judge
to accept

not to hate
to care for

not to ignore 
to support

We can't look down our noses anymore
We can't stand above

Think of Jesus
our God

who dined 
with the less of these

remained strong in Him
but loved all

A perfect example of Him
and His love

No comments:

Post a Comment