Saturday, August 4, 2012

Key Lime Truffles

On my quest to use all of the Key limes I bought, I tried another recipe for Key Lime Truffles, found here: http://thesugarpixie.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/key-lime-truffles/.  My husband and I have enjoyed confections by the same name from See's Candies, so I thought it was something worth trying. These are a little more time consuming then I was really prepared for, and I think it would be fun to do with kids or a group, because it takes time to dip each truffle so they are completely covered in the white chocolate.  However, as I got tired I put the melted chocolate in a baggie with the corner cut off and drizzled my truffles.  They won't have a complete outer shell as they should, but they're pretty!  These are really yummy, and the recipe will make a lot of truffles, so they are great for parties or gifts.  I think this might be one of those things that you get better at with practice.  Next time, I plan to make sure the balls of filling are fully set in the freezer, and then have each one completely covered.  They are definitely best this way, and will keep better with a full candy shell.



No comments:

Post a Comment